Thursday 25 November 2010

The empowerment of motherhood

I honestly can say nothing is more empowering than becoming a mum - I don't mean just because I've had twins, I think motherhood as a whole. For the first time in many many years I have found a confidence and sense of serenity in myself.

It's not just about coping with all the things that come with the joys of motherhood - tiredness / tears / dirty nappies etc etc, yes that in itself women should get a gold medal for, but more so for the fact that those little babies look at you with a genuine love, happiness and acceptance. It's a beautiful, unconditional form of love that you will never receive from any other relationship.

I feel that this new bond has enabled me to start a fresh, like cleaning off all the dirt, decay and rot to find something gleaming underneath that's actually worth keeping rather than throwing away.

I now look to the future with a new found enthusiasm, with a feeling that my path has only just begun.

I feel like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz in my very own quest to find who I really am and where I belong - i just have to decide which character Rick is, the scarecrow, tin man or lion (poor thing!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment